Grow your business, not your carbon footprint whilst making a sustainable impact with the HP Planet Partners Programme.
There are more opportunities now than ever before to make a difference when it comes to making a sustainable impact when purchasing printing supplies.
HP continue to lead the charge when it comes to being sustainability heroes with their closed-loop recycling scheme and HP Planet Partners programme.
By choosing Original HP printing supplies, you are making a strong environmental choice when it comes to protecting some of the world’s essential resources.
But don’t just take our word for it, take a look at some of the facts and figures behind HP’s recent sustainability efforts below.
How HP Are Making a Sustainable Impact
In following up to their commitment to a print sustainability pledge, HP’s closed-loop recycling programme has been helping to preserve some of the earth’s most precious resources and have been playing their part in the war on plastic.
Did you know that:
• In the past five years, HP have helped to divert an average of 1 million bottles per month away from landfill.
• HP have been able to reduce their carbon footprint by 42% by using recycled plastic rather than virgin plastic.
• An adjustment to their production process has meant that HP have reduced their total energy use by 63% and their water consumption by 38%.
• More than 3.8 billion cartridges have been produced by using recycled content from nearly 4 billion bottles and 86 million apparel hangers.
Along with this, HP have been working with the First Mile Coalition in order to help advance responsible recycling in Haiti.
Throughout the project, they have been able to salvage more than 325 tonnes of likely to be ocean-bound plastic (equating to over 25 million plastic bottles) in Haiti, creating more than 1,000 new income opportunities for workers and providing them with more educational training and healthcare opportunities than previously possible.
But the work doesn’t stop there.
How You Can Make a Sustainable Impact
Playing your part to make a sustainable impact doesn’t require you to go the lengths that HP has.
The HP Planet Partners Programme serves as HP’s dedicated return and recycling service for Original HP Ink and Toner Cartridges, and now includes Samsung Toner Cartridges too.
Every cartridge returned using the programme helps to protect the planet and HP ensures that no returned cartridge will end up in a landfill.
In fact, the recovered plastic from returned cartridges is used to manufacture new ink and toner cartridges.
By taking part in the Planet Partners Recycling scheme, you are bringing old products into a new life and reducing the strain on the environments much needed natural resources.
Participating in the HP Planet Partners Programme
Getting involved in the HP Planet Partners Programme has never been easier and provides several clear benefits including:
• A quick and easy process – Choose between various flexible return options and reduce your environmental footprint in the process.
• Free of charge service – No matter if you opt to use return, envelopes, collection boxes or HP’s collection service, no costs will be charged to you at any time.
• A responsible and sustainable impact – All cartridges collected by the programme become part of HP’s closed loop recycling process which is the first of its kind in the industry.
HP’s Planet Partners Programme includes a range of return options to best fit your needs including individual returns (returning fewer cartridges with printed postage-paid for labels or postage-paid for envelopes), bulk returns (when using collection boxes to return a larger number of used cartridges) or a premium bulk service (when returning a minimum of 1,500 toner or 15,000 ink cartridges per year).
Currently using HP’s Instant Ink service?
You can still make a sustainable impact with your used cartridges too, as each delivery of HP Instant Ink now comes supplied with a free pre-paid recycling bag, making it simple to send back your expired cartridges once you’ve received your next fresh supply.
Now, it’s your turn.
You are invited to get involved in HP Planet Partners and contribute to this sustainability success by visiting HP’s dedicated page here or by emailing planetpartners.emea.supplies.com.
With your support, we can all do our bit to have a positive and sustainable impact on today’s world.